Deep Learning Fundamentals
Welcome to Deep Learning Fundamentals
Deep Learning Fundamentals is a free course on learning deep learning using a modern open-source stack.
If you found this page, you probably heard that artificial intelligence and deep learning are taking the world by storm. This is correct. In this course, Sebastian Raschka, a best-selling author and professor, will teach you deep learning (machine learning with deep learning) from the ground up via a course of 10 units with bite-sized videos, quizzes, and exercises. The entire course is free and uses the most popular open-source tools for deep learning.
- What machine learning is and when to use it
- The main concepts of deep learning
- How to design deep learning experiments with PyTorch
- How to write efficient deep learning code with PyTorch Lightning
- Build classifiers for various kinds of data like tables, images, and text
- Tune models effectively to optimize predictive and computational performance
- The course consists of 10 units, each containing several subsections
- It is centered around informative, succinct videos that are respectful of your time
- In each unit, you will find optional exercises to practice your knowledge
- We also provide additional resources for those who want a deep dive on specific topics
- Ideally, you should already be familiar with programming in Python
- (Some lectures will involve a tiny bit of math, but a strong math background is not required!)
Are there interactive quizzes or exercises?
- Each section is accompanied by optional multiple-choice quizzes to test your understanding of the material
- Optionally, each unit also features one or more code exercises to practice implementing concepts covered in this class
Is there a course completion badge or certificate?
- At the end of this course, you can take an optional exam featuring 25 multiple-choice questions
- Upon answering 80% of the questions in the exam correctly (there are 5 attempts), you obtain an optional course completion badge that can be shared on LinkedIn
Log in or create a free Lightning.ai account to access:
- Completion badges
- Progress tracking
- Additional downloadable content
- Additional AI education resources
- Notifications when new units are released
- Free cloud computing credits