Terms of Service
Welcome to Grid.AI, Inc. (“Grid.AI”). The Services (as defined below) provided by Grid.AI are available through the Grid.AI website available at grid.ai, or any other website with an authorized link to this Agreement (the “Website”). By clicking the “I accept” button, registering for an Account (as defined below) or using the Services, you personally, or if on behalf of the entity entering into this Agreement, that entity (you and the entity, each a “Subscriber”) agree to and are subject to the following terms and condition for the Services (the “Agreement”). If you do not fully agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to access or otherwise use the Services. Capitalized terms are generally defined in Section 10.
- GRID.AI SERVICES.
- License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Grid.AI grants to Subscriber a non-exclusive, non-transferable license, during the term of subscriber’s subscription, solely for Subscriber’s internal business purposes (a) to access and use the Services and in accordance with the Documentation; and (b) to use and reproduce a reasonable number of copies of the Documentation solely to support Subscriber’s use of the Services.
- Compute Limits. Certain Services may impose Compute Limits based on subscription tiers. In the event that Subscriber wishes to increase the Compute Limit, Subscriber shall be required to pay additional fees associated with the increased pricing tier, prorated for the remainder of the then-current term.
- Updates. During the term of this Agreement, Grid.AI may, in its sole discretion, provide Subscriber with Updates. In the event of a material Update, Grid.AI shall promptly inform Subscriber by email of such Update. Updates (if any) will be deemed to be part of the Services under this Agreement. Grid.AI is not obligated to provide any Updates to the Services.
- Support Services. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Grid.AI will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to (a) provide support for the use of the Services to Subscriber, (b) keep the Services operational and available to Subscriber, and (c) provide Error Corrections in the event of any Errors, in each case in accordance with its standard policies and procedures.
- Early Access, Beta Services and Free Trials. Grid.AI may make certain Services available on an “early access”, “beta” or free trial basis. In the event Subscriber utilizes the Services on such a basis, Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that Sections 5.1, 5.2, and 7.1 will not apply to such Services.
- Accounts. To use certain features of the Services, Subscriber will need to create an account with Grid.AI (“Account”), and provide certain information as prompted by the Website. Subscriber represents and warrant that: (a) all required registration information Subscriber submits is truthful and accurate; and (b) Subscriber will maintain the accuracy of such information. Grid.AI may suspend or terminate Subscriber’s Account in accordance with Section 8. Subscriber may permit any Authorized Users to access and use the features and functions of the Services as contemplated by this Agreement. Subscriber is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its Account login information and is fully responsible for all activities that occur under its Account. Subscriber agrees to immediately notify Grid.AI of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of Subscriber’s Account or any other breach of security. Grid.AI will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Subscriber’s failure to comply with the above requirements.
- Limitations. The Grid.AI Property, including but not limited to all manuals, reports, records, programs, data and other materials, and all Intellectual Property Rights in each of the foregoing, are the exclusive property of Grid.AI and its suppliers. Subscriber agrees that it will not, and will not permit any Authorized User or other party to: (a) permit any party to access the Services or Documentation or use the Services, other than the Authorized Users authorized under this Agreement; (b) modify, adapt, alter or translate the Grid.AI Property, except as expressly allowed herein; (c) sublicense, lease, rent, loan, distribute, or otherwise transfer the Services or Documentation to any third party; (d) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise derive or determine or attempt to derive or determine the source code (or the underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organization) of the Services; (e) use or copy the Services or Documentation except as expressly allowed under this subsection; (f) use the Service to conduct or promote any illegal activities; or (g) take any other action that: (i) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any person or entity; (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane; (iii) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail; (iv) involves commercial activities and/or sales without Grid.AI’s prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; (v) impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Grid.AI; (vi) interferes with or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Services or uses the Services in any way not expressly permitted by the Agreement; or (vii) attempts to engage in or engage in, any potentially harmful acts that are directed against the Services, including but not limited to violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Services, using manual or automated software or other means to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any pages contained in the Services, introducing viruses, worms, or similar harmful code into the Services, or interfering or attempting to interfere with use of the Services by any other user, host or network, including by means of overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing” the Services. Except as expressly set forth herein, no express or implied license or right of any kind is granted to Subscriber regarding the Grid.AI Property or any part thereof, including any right to obtain possession of any source code, data or other technical material relating to the Services.
- Export. Subscriber agrees not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Grid.AI, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations. In particular, but without limitation, the Grid.AI Property may not be accessed or used by anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specifically Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By entering into this Agreement and/or using the Services, Subscriber represents and warrants that (i) Subscriber is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (ii) Subscriber is not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. Subscriber also will not use the Services for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law.
- FEES AND EXPENSES; PAYMENTS
- Fees. In consideration for the access rights granted to Subscriber and the services performed by Grid.AI under this Agreement, Subscriber will pay to Grid.AI all fees charged to Subscriber’s Account as set forth on the pricing page of the Website, as amended from time to time, and as otherwise required by a particular Order Form. The prices stated on the pricing page or in an Order Form are stated in U.S. dollars and must be paid by wire transfer, credit card, or such other payment method accepted by Grid.AI, as determined by Grid.AI in its sole discretion. If Subscriber provides credit card information to Grid.AI, Subscriber authorizes Grid.AI to charge such credit card for all services listed in the Account for the initial subscription term, and any renewal subscriber term(s), and any recurring fees and charges set forth therein
- Payment Terms. All payment obligations are non-cancellable and all amounts paid are non-refundable. Any amounts not paid when due shall bear interest at the rate of one and one half percent (1.5%) per month, or the maximum legal rate, if less. Grid.AI shall be entitled to withhold performance and discontinue service until all amounts due are paid in full. Grid.AI’s fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and Subscriber shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only taxes based solely on Grid.AI’s income. Subscriber agrees to provide Grid.AI with complete and accurate billing information and contact information. Subscriber agrees to update this information within thirty (30) days of any change to it. If the contact information Subscriber has provided is false or fraudulent, Grid.AI may terminate Subscriber’s access to the Services in addition to other legal remedies.
- Automatic Renewals. Unless Subscriber unsubscribes via its Account settings on the Website at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of its then-current subscription, Subscriber’s subscription will automatically be renewed for a term of equivalent duration to the prior subscription, at Grid.AI’s then-current rate.
- Free Trials and Other Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides access to paid Services must be used within the specified time of the trial. At the end of the trial period, Subscriber’s use of such Services will expire and any further use of the Service is prohibited, unless Subscriber pays the applicable subscription fee.
- No Refunds. The amounts paid hereunder are non-refundable. In the event, Grid.AI, in its sole discretion, issues a refund, such refund will be credited back to the same payment method used to make the payment and are exclusive of any processing fees previously paid by Subscriber.
- OWNERSHIP AND SUBSCRIBER MODELS.
- Grid.AI Property. As between Grid.AI and Subscriber, the Grid.AI Property and all worldwide Intellectual Property Rights in each of the foregoing, are the exclusive property of Grid.AI and its suppliers. All rights in and to the Grid.AI Property not expressly granted to Subscriber in this Agreement are reserved by Grid.AI and its suppliers. Except as expressly set forth herein, no express or implied license or right of any kind is granted to Subscriber regarding the Grid.AI Property or any part thereof, including any right to obtain possession of any source code, data or other technical material related to the Services.
- Subscriber Models. As between Subscriber and Grid.AI, Subscriber Models and all worldwide Intellectual Property Rights therein, are the exclusive property of Subscriber. All rights in and to the Subscriber Models not expressly granted to Grid.AI in this Agreement are reserved by Subscriber. Subscriber hereby grants to Grid.AI a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and fully paid up right and license to use the Subscriber Models for the purpose of providing the Services. While Grid has administrative access to each Subscriber’s Account, which is necessary for Grid.AI’s provision of the Services, including any technical support, in no event will Grid.AI access the source code for any such Subscriber Models in a Subscriber Account for purposes other than operational purposes, including to provide the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Subscriber acknowledges that Grid.AI may freely use Performance Data for any purpose. Subscriber is solely responsible for any and all obligations with respect to the accuracy, quality and legality of Subscriber Models. Subscriber will obtain all third party licenses, consents and permissions needed for Grid.AI to use the Subscriber Models to provide the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Subscriber will be solely responsible for obtaining from third parties all necessary rights for Grid.AI to use the Subscriber Models submitted by or on behalf of Subscriber for the purposes set forth in this Agreement.Grid.AI agrees to use commercially reasonable administrative, physical and technical security measures designed to protect the Subscriber Models against unauthorized access, use and disclosure. In the event Grid.AI becomes aware of any security breach relating to Subscriber Models, Grid.AI will promptly notify Subscriber of such data breach.
- Open Source Software. Certain items of software may be provided to Subscriber with the Services and are subject to “open source” or “free software” licenses (“Open Source Software”). Some of the Open Source Software is owned by third parties. The Open Source Software is not subject to the terms and conditions of Sections 1.1.1 or 7. Instead, each item of Open Source Software is licensed under the terms of the end-user license that accompanies such Open Source Software. Nothing in this Agreement limits Subscriber’s rights under, or grants Subscriber rights that supersede, the terms and conditions of any applicable end user license for the Open Source Software. If required by any license for particular Open Source Software, Grid.AI makes such Open Source Software, and Grid.AI’s modifications to that Open Source Software, available by written request at the notice address specified below.
- Feedback. Subscriber hereby grants to Grid.AI a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into the Services any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by Subscriber, including Authorized Users, relating to the Services. Grid will not identify Subscriber as the source of any such feedback.
- Confidential Information. Subject to Section 4.3, all information disclosed by one party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (the “Receiving Party”) during the term of this Agreement, whether oral, written, graphic or electronic (the “Confidential Information”). The Services, Documentation, and all enhancements and improvements thereto shall be Confidential Information of Grid.AI. All data provided by Subscriber to Grid.AI to enable provision and performance of the Services shall be Subscriber’s Confidential Information.
- Protection of Confidential Information. The Receiving Party will not use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose not permitted by this Agreement, and will disclose the Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party only to employees or contractors of the Receiving Party who have a need to know such Confidential Information for purposes of this Agreement and are under a duty of confidentiality no less restrictive than the Receiving Party’s duty hereunder. The Receiving Party will protect the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner as the Receiving Party protects its own confidential or proprietary information of a similar nature and with no less than reasonable care.
- Exceptions. The Receiving Party’s obligations under Section 4.2 with respect to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party will not apply to any information that: (a) was already known to the Receiving Party at the time of disclosure by the Disclosing Party; (b) is disclosed to the Receiving Party by a third party who had the right to make such disclosure without any confidentiality restrictions; (c) is, or through no fault of the Receiving Party has become, generally available to the public; or (d) is independently developed by the Receiving Party without access to, or use of, the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information. In addition, the Receiving Party will be allowed to disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to the extent that such disclosure is (i) approved in writing by the Disclosing Party, (ii) necessary for the Receiving Party to enforce its rights under this Agreement in connection with a legal proceeding; or (iii) required by law or by the order or a court of similar judicial or administrative body, provided that the Receiving Party notifies the Disclosing Party of such required disclosure promptly and in writing and cooperates with the Disclosing Party, at the Disclosing Party’s reasonable request and expense, in any lawful action to contest or limit the scope of such required disclosure.
- WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
- Performance Warranty. Grid.AI represents and warrants to Subscriber, that during the term of any paid subscription, the Services will perform in accordance with their Documentation in all material respects. In the event of any breach of the foregoing, Grid.AI as its sole obligation and as Subscriber’s sole remedy, will use commercially reasonable efforts to fix and/or repair the non-conforming Services.
- By Subscriber. Subscriber represents and warrant to Grid.AI that (a) Subscriber has the authority to enter into this agreement personally (if Subscriber is an natural person), or on behalf of the entity entering into this agreement, and to bind that entity, (b) the Subscriber Models do not and will not infringe upon any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights, (c) the Subscriber Models do not contain any viruses, worms or other malicious computer programming codes intended to damage Grid.AI’s system or data, and (d) Subscriber will not use the Service to promote or conduct any unlawful activity.
- Disclaimer. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES, DOCUMENTATION, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND GRID.AI MAKES NO (AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL) OTHER WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR CONDITIONS, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, COURSE OF DEALING, TRADE USAGE OR PRACTICE, MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, DOCUMENTATION, OR SERVICES (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO SUBSCRIBER BY GRID.AI. GRID.AI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ALL ERRORS CAN BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OPERATION OF THE SERVICES AND SERVICES SHALL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO SUBSCRIBER.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Types of Damages. TO THE EXTENT LEGALLY PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER GRID.AI NOR ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL BE LIABLE TO SUBSCRIBER, FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, REVENUE, GOODWILL, PRODUCTION OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR PERSONAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH GRID.AI’S PERFORMANCE HEREUNDER OR THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, DOCUMENTATION, SERVICES OR OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES HEREUNDER, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION OR THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF GRID.AI HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Amount of Damages. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF GRID.AI ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE PERFORMANCE OF ITS INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEES PAID (AS EXPRESSLY IN U.S. DOLLARS AT THE TIME OF THE PAYMENT) BY SUBSCRIBER TO GRID.AI DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE ACT, OMISSION OR OCCURRENCE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY, IF THE AGREEMENT HAS BEEN IN EFFECT ONE YEAR OR MORE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GRID.AI’S SUPPLIERS HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS AGREEMENT. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE GRID.AI’S LIABILITY FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OF GRID.AI OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO SUBSCRIBER.
- Basis of the Bargain. The parties agree that the limitations of liability set forth in this Section shall survive and continue in full force and effect despite any failure of consideration or of an exclusive remedy. The parties acknowledge that the prices have been set and the Agreement entered into in reliance upon these limitations of liability and that all such limitations form an essential basis of the bargain between the parties.
- By Grid.AI. Subject to the terms herein, including Section 5, Grid.AI will (1) defend, or at its option settle, any suit filed by a third party against Subscriber (a “Suit”) to the extent such Suit claims that Subscriber’s use of the Grid.AI Property as permitted in this Agreement constitutes Subscriber’s infringement or misappropriation by Subscriber of a third party’s intellectual property rights; and (2) pay (i) any final judgment or award directly resulting from such Suit or (ii) those damages agree to by Grid.AI in a monetary settlement of such Suit. If any portion of the Services becomes, or in Grid.AI’s opinion is likely to become, the subject of a claim of infringement, Grid.AI may, at Grid.AI’s option: (a) procure for Subscriber the right to continue using the Services; (b) replace the Services with non-infringing Services which do not materially impair the functionality of the Services; (c) modify the Services so that it becomes non-infringing; or (d) terminate this Agreement and refund any fees actually paid by Subscriber to Grid.AI for the remainder of the term then in effect, and upon such termination, Subscriber will immediately cease all use of the Documentation, and Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Grid.AI shall have no obligation under this section or otherwise with respect to any infringement claim that would not have arisen but for (x) any use of the Services not in accordance with this Agreement or as specified in the Documentation; (y) any use of the Services in combination with other products, equipment, services or data not supplied by Grid.AI; or (z) any modification of the Services by any person other than Grid.AI or its authorized agents (collectively, the “Exclusions” and each, an “Exclusion”). This subsection states the sole and exclusive remedy of Subscriber and the entire liability of Grid.AI, or any of the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, contractors or representatives of the foregoing, for infringement claims and actions.
- By Subscriber. Subscriber will defend at its expense any suit brought against Grid.AI, and will pay any settlement Subscriber makes or approves, or any damages finally awarded in such suit, insofar as such suit is based on a claim arising out of or relating to (i) an Exclusion; or (ii) Subscriber’s breach or alleged breach of any of Subscriber’s representations or warranties herein
- Procedure. The indemnifying party’s obligations as set forth aboveare expressly conditioned upon each of the foregoing: (a) the indemnified party shall promptly notify the indemnifying party in writing of any threatened or actual claim or suit; (b) the indemnifying party shall have sole control of the defense or settlement of any claim or suit; and (c) the indemnified party shall cooperate with the indemnifying party to facilitate the settlement or defense of any claim or suit.
Grid.AI may cancel, suspend or block Subscriber’s use of the Grid.AI Property without notice if there has been a breach of this Agreement by Subscriber. Subscriber’s right to use the Grid.AI Property will end once Subscriber’s Account has been terminated, and any data that Subscriber may have stored on the Website or Services may be unavailable later, unless Grid.AI is required to retain it by law. Subscriber may terminate its Account at any time by following the unsubscribe procedures stated in Subscriber’s Account; provided, that, such termination will not take effect until Subscriber’s then-current subscriptions have expired. In the event Subscriber terminates its Account, Subscriber will not be entitled to any refund of any prepaid fees and will be permitted to continue to use its Account until the expiration of its applicable subscription period(s). Grid.AI is not responsible or liable for any records or information that is made unavailable to Subscriber as a result of Subscriber’s termination of its Account. SUBSCRIBER AGREES THAT GRID.AI WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO SUBSCRIBER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF SUBSCRIBER’S ACCESS TO THE GRID.AI PROPERTY. Subscriber’s payment obligations and Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution.
- This Agreement and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws principles that require the application of the law of a different jurisdiction. The laws of the jurisdiction where Subscriber is located may be different from New York law. Subscriber shall always comply with all international and domestic laws, ordinances, regulations, and statutes that are applicable to its access to and use of the Services and/or Documentation.
- Any dispute (including whether the claims asserted are arbitrable) arising out of or under this Agreement (“Dispute”) shall be referred to and finally determined by arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “Rules”) and shall be administered by the New York, New York office of JAMS (the “Administrator”), except that (1) Subscriber may assert claims in small claims court in New York, New York if Subscriber’s claims qualify, so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis; and (2) Subscriber or Grid.AI may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents). To the extent there is any conflict between the provisions set forth in this section and any procedural or other rules issued by the Administrator, this section will control. The location of the arbitration will be New York, New York USA. The Dispute(s) shall be submitted to a single arbitrator (“Arbitrator”) chosen by the parties or selected by the parties from a list of potential arbitrators provided by the Administrator. The Administrator shall provide such list to the parties 10 days after request by either party. Should the parties be unable to agree on a choice of arbitrator within 10 days after receipt of the list from the Administrator, then the Administrator will select the Arbitrator. The arbitral proceedings, and all pleadings and written evidence will be in the English language. Any written evidence originally in a language other than English will be submitted in English translation accompanied by the original or true copy thereof. The English language version will control. Each party shall bear its own attorney’s fees, costs, and disbursements arising out of the arbitration, and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the Administrator and the Arbitrator; provided, however, the Arbitrator shall be authorized to determine whether a party is the prevailing party, and if so, to award to that prevailing party reimbursement for its reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and disbursements (including, for example, expert witness fees and expenses, photocopy charges, travel expenses, etc.), and/or the fees and costs of the Administrator and the Arbitrator. The Arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The Arbitrator will not have authority to award damages in excess of the amount, or other than the types, allowed by Section 6 of this Agreement. Judgment on the award of the Arbitrators may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. The Arbitrator also shall be authorized to grant any temporary, preliminary or permanent equitable remedy or relief it deems just and equitable and within the scope of this Agreement, including, without limitation, an injunction or order for specific performance. The arbitration award shall be final and binding upon the parties without appeal or review except as permitted by New York law or United States Federal law.
- By using the Services in any manner, Subscriber agrees to the above arbitration provision. In doing so, SUBSCRIBER GIVES UP SUBSCRIBER’S RIGHT TO GO TO COURT (except as expressly set forth in Section 9.1.2) to assert or defend any claims between Subscriber and Grid.AI. SUBSCRIBER ALSO GIVES UP SUBSCRIBER’S RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Subscriber’s rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. Subscriber is entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but Subscriber should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the Arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
- Notices. Where Grid.AI requires that Subscriber provide an email address, Subscriber is responsible for providing Grid.AI with its most current email address. In the event that the last email address Subscriber provided to Grid.AI is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to Subscriber any notices required/permitted by this Agreement, Grid.AI’s dispatch of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. Subscriber may give Grid.AI notice at the following address: 32 Cooper Square #3, New York, NY 10003. Such notice will be deemed given when received by Grid.AI by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
- Modifications. Grid.AI reserves the right, at its discretion, to amend this Agreement on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check this Agreement periodically for changes. Grid.AI may require Subscriber to consent to updates to this Agreement before further use of the Services is permitted. Any use of the Services following any updates or amendments to this Agreement by Grid.AI shall constitute acceptance of the Agreement.
- Consent to Electronic Communication. The communications between Subscriber and Grid.AI use electronic means, whether Subscriber visits the Website or send Grid.AI emails, or whether Grid.AI posts notices on the Website or communicates with Subscriber via email. For contractual purposes, Subscriber (1) consents to receive communications from Grid.AI in an electronic form; and (2) agrees that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Grid.AI provides to Subscriber electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect Subscriber’s statutory rights.
- General. If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will remain enforceable and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion. Subscriber shall not assign, subcontract, delegate, or otherwise transfer this Agreement, or its rights and obligations herein, without obtaining the prior written consent of Grid.AI, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void; provided, however, that either party may assign this Agreement in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or other operation of law, without any consent of the other party. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Any delay in the performance of any duties or obligations of either party (except the payment of amounts owed) will not be considered a breach of this Agreement if such delay is caused by a labor dispute, shortage of materials, fire, earthquake, flood, or any other event beyond the control of such party, provided that such party uses reasonable efforts, under the circumstances, to notify the other party of the cause of such delay and to resume performance as soon as possible. Subscriber’s relationship to Grid.AI is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. Subscriber will not have, and will not represent to any third party that it has, any authority to act on behalf of Grid.AI. This Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matters hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matters.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which shall be taken together and deemed to be one instrument.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution.
- DEFINITIONS. Capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth in this section, or in the section where they are first used.
- “Authorized User”means any individual who is an employee of Subscriber or such other person or entity as may be authorized by Subscriber, to access one or more Services pursuant to Subscriber’s rights under this Agreement.
- “Compute Limit” means maximum amount of computational processing, memory and/or resources for which applicable fees have been paid by Subscriber.
- “Documentation” means the technical materials provided by Grid.AI to Subscriber in hard copy or electronic form describing the use and operation of the Services.
- “Error” means a reproducible failure of the Services to substantially conform to the Documentation.
- “Error Corrections” means bug fixes or workarounds intended to correct Errors in the Services.
- “Grid.AI Property” means the Services, Documentation, Website, Performance Data and all systems, networks, APIs, websites or other materials that are either owned or operated by Grid.AI, or provided to Subscriber in connection with this Agreement.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all now known or hereafter existing (a) rights associated with works of authorship, including copyrights, mask work rights, and moral rights; (b) trademark or service mark rights; (c) trade secret rights; (d) patents, patent rights, and industrial property rights; (e) layout design rights, design rights, and other proprietary rights of every kind and nature other than trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and similar rights; and (f) all registrations, applications, renewals, extensions, or reissues of the foregoing, in each case in any jurisdiction throughout the world.
- “Order Form”means a document, either physical or electronic, signed by both parties identifying a Service to be made available by Grid.AI pursuant to this Agreement.
- “Performance Data” means any log files, metadata and other technical performance data automatically generated by the Services relating to the use, performance, efficacy, reliability and/or accuracy of the Services, and which does not contain or reference any data, information or materials in any form relating to Subscriber’s Account of Subscriber Models.
- “Services” means any services provided by Grid.AI to Subscriber under this Agreement as set forth in an Order Form.
- “Subscriber Model” means any algorithms, AI models and related training data uploaded or transmitted by Subscriber to the Services.
- “Update” means an update, upgrade, enhancement or any other improvement to the Services that, in its discretion, Grid.AI makes generally available to other subscribers as part of the standard Services.
When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you,Analytics Cookies: We and our service providers may use analytics cookies, which are sometimes called performance cookies, to collect information about your use of the Sites and enable us to improve the way they work. Analytics cookies collect information about how you use the Sites, for instance, which pages you go to most. The information allows us to see the overall patterns of usage, help us record any difficulties users may have while using the Sites and show us whether or not our advertising is effective. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Sites.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: Some cookies are essential to the operation of our services on the Sites. They are used to facilitate our log-in process, authenticate users, and enable you to navigate the Sites and to use their features. They are also used by our customer service team in product messaging and analytics. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide certain services or features, and the Sites may not perform as smoothly for you as we would like. Because strictly necessary cookies are essential to operate our services on the Sites, if you choose to use a product on our Sites, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
Functional cookies: In some circumstances, we may use functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing on the Sites, and to provide enhanced and more personalized content and features, such as customizing a certain webpage or application page, remembering if we have asked you to participate in a promotion and for other services you request, like watching a video or commenting on a blog. In order to permit your connection to the Sites, our servers receive and record information about your computer and browser, potentially including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. All of these features help us to improve your visit and assist in navigation of the Sites’ features. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Sites.