Lightning League Perks
If you’re already building Lightning Apps or enjoy sharing your machine learning knowledge with others, then you should apply to join the Lightning League. As a member, you’ll enjoy some awesome perks:
Personalized Lightning profile on our website showcasing your work.
Custom Lightning League swag and digital badges.
Recognition on Lightning AI’s social media accounts.
Exclusive access to new and experimental Lightning AI features.
Hands-on training with our machine learning experts.
Support with your technical speaking & writing skills.
Ambassador Level: 💜 Contributor
- Active & helpful member of the Lightning Community
- Wants to build more apps & components with Lightning AI
- Might have 1 or more blogs, videos, or other content about how they’ve used Lightning AI
Once when you apply & are accepted into the program
- Be the first to learn about the most exciting Lightning AI updates, sneak peeks, tips & best practices, conferences, events, and opportunities to level up as an ambassador & in your machine learning career!
- You get 15 Lightning Credits when you join & 10 credits per month after your app is published on the Lightning AI gallery. Additional credits can be requested for your project on a case-by-case basis. For credit usage, follow the guidelines from
- Access to the private Discord channel & monthly calls for Lightning League ⚡
Ambassador Level: 🤍 Champion
Meets the requirements for a Contributor level plus the following requirements:
- Has submitted an app or component to be featured on Lightning AI in the past year
- Feature their Lightning AI profile to showcase their Machine Learning portfolio on their socials
Annually while you’re an active ambassador.
Perks from the Contributor level plus the following perks:
- Retweet their content from official Lightning AI accounts.
- Invited to write guest blogs, be featured in videos, or collaborate with the Developer Relations team on code content.
- Invited to join as a guest on Lightning Livestreams.
- Offered speaking slots at Lightning AI webinars & events
Ambassador Level: 💛 Legend
Meets the requirements for a Champion level plus the following requirements:
Annually while you’re an active ambassador.
Perks from the Champion level plus the following perks:
- Offered early access to new features and products.
- Limited edition personalized swag
- Invited to speak at the next Lighting DevCon.
Meet the Lightning Ambassadors
About Dan Biderman
I am a ML/Comp Neuro PhD candidate advised by John Cunningham and working closely with Liam Paninski.
I focus on understanding biological movement from video using ideas from representation learning, 3D vision, and physical simulation. I develop scalable algorithms that allow GPs to be applied to massive, previously inaccessible datasets. I also work to expand our understanding of how these scalable algorithms work and what their biases are.
About Gianluca Scarpellini
I’m a 3rd year PhD student at the Italian Institute of Technology. I believe in having an impact through technology. It’s a long way, get in touch if you want to know more! Skills: Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Robotics, Reinforcement Learning.
About Pietro Lesci
I am a PhD student in the department of Computer Science at University of Cambridge. I am interested in data-centric approaches to NLP and I am currently working on active-learning and debiasing methods. I am the creator of the `energizer` library (based on lightning) that allows researchers and engineers to easily test and implement active learning strategies.
About Alex Morehead
I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science at the University of Missouri, advised by Dr. Jianlin Cheng. My research interests include machine learning, deep learning, computational biology, and high-performance computing.
About Andres Algaba
Andres is a postdoctoral researcher in AI with a Ph.D. in economics. His current research is on fairness in machine learning, detecting and mitigating unethical biases in algorithmic decision-making, and generative modelling.
About Luca Medeiros
Interested in multimodal models, MLOps, and open-source. Hope to make AI models accessible to people from any background.
About Keiichi Kuroyanagi
He has been working in Data Science for 12 years. He has written several books on data science in Japan and contributed to the Data Science community.
About Juan Sensio
I love to build intelligent systems that can solve real world problems and leverage new business opportunities. From the system design, implementation and deployment at scale, I work with the entire stack. I also enjoy sharing what I learn in my blog and Youtube channel.
Can I join the league?
Applications are currently closed. Next cohort of members will be reviewed in May 2023!
- Contribute to the League on a quarterly basis
- Build Lightning Apps & Components
- Be an active participant and/or leader in the machine learning community
- Being committed to Lightning AI’s core values of integrity, perseverence and curiosity